Frequently asked questions
- Why should I enrol myself or my child into this program?
- 2 Day Interactive Workshop
- E-sports workshop – learn about game history and the future of gaming
- Learn game art design
- Learn how to pitch and present a game
- Learn gaming fundamentals
- Meet like-minded teens
- Balance a healthy lifestyle in gaming
- Talk to experts and gaming personalities
- Pathways into a gaming career
What do I need to bring along to the program?
1. Lunch each day
Please bring along a packed lunch for each day of the workshop. A snack of fruit and water will be provided throughout both days, however there are no facilities for lunch to be purchased at the venues. Due to dietary requirements and allergy monitoring the purchase of food is not feasible.
2. Your own Laptop and Charger
What if I don’t have a laptop to bring?
Why do I need to bring my own device?
Working from your own device allows you to feel more comfortable working with the program in the Gamer Academy workshop. You use your device daily and are familiar with it, this allows for faster learning and less pressure to learn an unfamiliar system on top of working with new programs.
By working at the Gamer Academy on your own device, you will be able to take your work and what you create home with you!
What is the best way to get to the venue of the program?
I missed out on this program, Will there be more programs and dates?
Yes! We are always looking at more locations across Australia and more programs in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide each holidays! Enter your details on the form on our contact page, to be on the exclusive list to hear announcements first.